Donate and get a patch on my bag!


Thursday, July 15, 2010

first star on the right and straight on til morning.

And I fly home from NeverLand tomorrow. Sad I know, (a tear falls onto the key board, the guy next to steve looks at him strange and thinks to himself "crazy American")
But I guess one can't stay in Neverland forever.
Its be awesome!! its been the Adventure I was looking for! As my Odyssey comes to a close I do feel a little like Homer. Seen and done things that no one will believe, I have conquered giants and Cyclopes. And now I am on my way back home after finding what I needed to find, after doing what I needed to do, in my own way, and in my own time.

My greatest fear is that I have not changed, that things will be the same when I get back. If I have not changed on this odyssey of mine then I did something wrong. I feel that I have changed, so I just hope that the world has changed as well. At least a little bit. Haha. For a changed man to go back to the same land finds himself lost. I may have been lost out here, now I am found, I just don’t want to be lost back home.

The things I have learned here I could not have learned any other way. This trip, this odyssey, this adventure was probably the best thing I could have done this summer. I have progressed in the best way that I could have this summer. And the words “what if” or “should have, could have, or would have” will not flow out of my mouth because I did what I set out to do. I have climbed my mountain and I have dreamt my dreams. I accomplished my goal(s), and I will never utter the words “I failed”

Can you say the same?

1 comment:

  1. I saw you and you're gigantic backpack at Heathrow Thursday and I kinda wanted to ask you about what kind of trip you were on and such, but I thought it would be weird just walking up to a total stranger etc now, I regret it. You seem like a deep guy and I would have loved to sit down and talk to you. I hope I can go on a trip like this one day, because it is simply the trip of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete